Niska is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information which is collected, used and disclosed in the conduct of its business.
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual, except business title and business contact information, and includes information about prospective, present or former employees and external parties such as landowners and other individuals.
This Policy and its related practices apply to all staff members when they are engaged in company business. Staff members providing services through a third party are required to act in accordance with this Policy and its related practices with respect to their use of Niska assets. Contractors and consultants are expected to develop and enforce policies and practices that are consistent with this Policy and its associated requirements to apply to their staff providing services for or on behalf of Niska.
Niska will obtain express or implied consent of individuals, except where otherwise permitted by law, to collect, use and disclose personal information for reasonable business purposes. The purpose for the collection, use or disclosure of the personal information, except where otherwise permitted by law, will be identified before or when the information is collected.
In general, personal information collected, used and disclosed about prospective, present or former employees is for administering, planning and managing an individual’s employment relationship with Niska and includes but is not limited to:
- ensuring the safety and security of staff and corporate assets, including company-held information;
- determining eligibility for initial employment, including the verification of references and qualifications;
- administering pay and benefits;
- facilitating professional development and performance;
- complying with applicable employment or legal requirements;
- communicating with staff; and
- other reasonable purposes as required to manage the employment relationship.
In general, the personal information collected, used and disclosed about external parties is for the purposes of:
- providing information about Niska and its operations to external parties;
- managing and administering contracts with external parties;
- managing Niska’s relationship with and providing for the safety of external parties;
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirement or obligation;
- facilitating participation in Niska events; and
- other reasonable purposes consistent with Niska’s business objectives.
Personal information will be protected by reasonable security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information. Personal information will only be retained for the period of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required for statutory or other legal purposes. Upon request, individuals will be granted the reasonable right of access and review of their personal information.
Disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or service contracts, will be taken for violations of this Policy and its related practices.
We function on the basis of trust, integrity and respect. We are committed to benchmark practices in safety and environmental stewardship, ethical business conduct and community responsibility. Our success is measured through both our behaviour and our bottom line.