Health, Safety and Environment Policy
We at Niska Gas Storage Partners L.P. (Niska) are committed to working in a responsible manner, one that promotes the well-being and protection of our workers, the public and the environment.
We will operate our facilities to the highest standard, one that respects the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers, communities and the environment in which we operate. Niska will ensure that:
- Compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations come first, regardless of the magnitude or urgency of the job.
- Personnel are available to provide the resources and guidance necessary for continuous improvement to health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Our employees are provided with the tools and training necessary to allow them to conduct their work in a healthy, safe and environmentally productive manner.
Niska believes that the health, safety and well being of our employees, contractors, customers and the public take precedence. It is our goal and objective to operate our business in such a way as to prevent harm to people and to protect the environment. We will comply with all applicable health, safety & environmental laws and regulations. It is the expectation that all workers, on Niska work sites, adhere to company health, safety and environmental practices as well as applicable government laws and regulations. We will not jeopardize or compromise our HSE Principles for profit or production.
Health and Safety
- Every worker employed on a Niska work site has the right to a healthy and safe environment.
- Niska embraces a 100% compliant healthy and safe culture and places the protection of people from injury above all other management considerations.
- Prior to the commencement of work, safe work procedures shall be developed, reviewed by all affected workers and adhered to.
- Personal Protective Equipment is made available and must be used.
- Niska is committed to responsible stewardship of the environment at our worksites, as appropriate for our industry.
- As part of ongoing efforts to protect the environment, Niska will comply with environment regulations and agreements to continuously improve our environment management practices.
- Niska will take steps to improve environmental protection, use sustainable business processes and practices that minimize waste, prevent pollution, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Our facilities will be operated in an environmentally friendly and socially responsible manner and to reduce waste, emissions and discharges from our operations.
The success of the Niska Health, Safety & Environmental program depends on the adherence and cooperation of all Niska employees and contractors. We must all strive to protect the health and safety of ourselves, fellow workers, general public and the environment.
No job is so important that we cannot take the time to do it safely.
Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
Niska Gas Storage Partners L.P.
Site designed and developed by PITCH